From: Marcel Treis <trei4702@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems with nForce 3 + SATA + Gentoo 2005.1[-r1]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:03:55
1 P.V.Anthony wrote:
2
3 > 1. Upgrade the bios.
4
5 I have not tried that yet. While searching on the MSI HP i found some
6 newer BIOS Versions, yet the showed changelog didnt mention any problems
7 with SATA drives. I would rather not upgrade the BIOS unless it's
8 absolutely necessary.
11 > 2. Have you set the bios correctly.
12
13 I hope so, what possible error would i be able to make?
16 > 3. Try installing on to pata first than see where the problem is.
17
18 I have a Gentoo 32-bit running on the same machine, yet on another (ATA)
19 harddrive. This runs fine.