From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick grub question
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 00:06:10
1 On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 07:05:30PM -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > I noticed the new grub-2 is supposed to take care of a lot of this mess,
3 > or at least it looks like it. It would be a lot nicer to just say "root
4 > (md1)" and be done with it!
5
6 grub2 is also pretty poorly documented and seems to be stagnating - I
7 would be surprised if they got a stable release out the door in the next
8 year. The devs have refused to patch grub 0.9.x to support GPT
9 partitions, not on a technical basis but because it's a "grub2 feature".
10 Mean while the world has moved on and having a boot block device > 2TB
11 isn't that usual anymore. I have to build my own liveCDs with a patched
12 grub because of this.
13
14 -J