From: B Vance <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] NVIDIA 100.14.19 + xorg-server 1.4.0.90 + xorg-x11 7.3 = blackscreen after every restart
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:18:16
1 All,
2 I've come upon a rather strange problem. I have a laptop with dual
3 Nvidia 7800 mobile chips. Since the updated ABIs in xorg-server I've
4 had to re-emerge nvidia-drivers after every restart to be able to use
5 any desktop environment (startX, gdm, etc). If I don't it give the
6 black screen that only responds to soft reset(ctrl-Alt-Del) or power
7 down. The Xorg.0.log.old is what the log shows when it works. The
8 other is what it shows when it fails. I've attached the xorg.conf,
9 lspci output, and my emerge --info. I've set the laptop key
10 in /etc/modules.d/nvidia to 3, 0xFFFFFFFF and commented it out entirely.
11 It does not appear to have any effect. I can continue to re-emerge
12 nvidia-drivers at the start of every session, but it does get old after
13 the third or fourth time.
14
15 I can't seem to track down anyone with a similar problem using google,
16 so I figured I'd try here where the big brains hangout :-). Any
17 assistance will be appreciated.
18
19 B Vance

Xorg.0.log text/x-log