From: Alex Bennee <alex@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Grip builtin cdparanoia problems
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:28:13
1 On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 17:43 -0600, Conway S. Smith wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Alex Bennee wrote:
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > Has anyone else experienced problems with the built in cdparanoia of
9 > > grip?
10 > >
11 > > When I run it in this mode I experience a massive memeory leak as grip
12 > > takes up more and more memory. If I don't kill it quickly it can lock
13 > > the machine up (or at least leave it thrasing for a while).
14 > >
15 > > The external cdparanoia mode works well however.
18 > I've been meaning to rip more of my CD collection for a while. Thanks
19 > for giving me the extra incentive. I just finished ripping two CDs with
20 > grip's internal version of cdparanoia, with no memory problems.
21 >
22 > Good luck,
23
24 Ok, lets see if we can narrow it down. Can you post your emerge -p -v
25 output so I can compare my setup to yours?
26
27 malory xorg-x11 # emerge -p -v grip
28
29 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
30
31 Calculating dependencies ...done!
32 [ebuild R ] media-sound/grip-3.2.0 +nls +oggvorbis 0 kB [1]
37 Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
38 The qotc (quote of the con) was Liz's: "My brain is paged out to my
39 liver."
42 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list