From: Peter Martin <pjmartin@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:09:26
Duncan wrote:

>Drake Donahue posted <004b01c6083a$fc0acf10$0200a8c0@××××××××.us>, >excerpted below, on Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:34:45 -0500: > > > >><snipping madly> >>found this and was reminded that i do not know the cd in question is master >>on the second ide controller >>" >>Your first task is to determine the device name. Refer to the chart below: >> >> IDE Port Master/slave Device >> 1 master /dev/hda >> 1 slave /dev/hdb >> 2 master /dev/hdc >>
As I understand it, Master is the device on the end of the cable. My HD is on the end of one cable and is working fine as hda. My cdrom is at the end of the other cable, and works fine while booting from the cd. I beleive that my mother board only has 2 IDE ports and if I want more drives it will be on sata. From other post, I did 'modprobe ide-cd', result; Fatal: module ide-cd not found. Peter
>That's what I was wondering as well, but I thought /surely/ it had been >covered already, and I must have missed it. Glad to see it specifically >covered here, however, just in case. > > >
-- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom? Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>