From: Peter Martin <pjmartin@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:09:26
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 >Drake Donahue posted <004b01c6083a$fc0acf10$0200a8c0@××××××××.us>,
4 >excerpted below, on Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:34:45 -0500:
8 >><snipping madly>
9 >>found this and was reminded that i do not know the cd in question is master
10 >>on the second ide controller
11 >>"
12 >>Your first task is to determine the device name. Refer to the chart below:
13 >>
14 >> IDE Port Master/slave Device
15 >> 1 master /dev/hda
16 >> 1 slave /dev/hdb
17 >> 2 master /dev/hdc
18 >>
19 As I understand it, Master is the device on the end of the cable. My HD
20 is on the end of one cable and is working fine as hda. My cdrom is at
21 the end of the other cable, and works fine while booting from the cd. I
22 beleive that my mother board only has 2 IDE ports and if I want more
23 drives it will be on sata.
24
25 From other post, I did 'modprobe ide-cd', result;
26 Fatal: module ide-cd not found.
27
28 Peter
29
30 >That's what I was wondering as well, but I thought /surely/ it had been
31 >covered already, and I must have missed it. Glad to see it specifically
32 >covered here, however, just in case.
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list