From: Regis Decamps <decamps@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Emerge libraries in /usr/lib32 too
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:14:31
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd like to run a 32 bits closed-source application.
4
5 Usually, I can do this thanks to emul-x86-* packages.Unfortunately, this
6 particular application requires a library which is not in app-emulation
7 (I think).
8
9 What do you advise me to do?
12 For more details:
13 The application I'd like to run is Rigs of Rods
14 (http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com).
15
16 When I try to run it,
17 ./RoR.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libalut.so.0: cannot
18 open shared object file: No such file or directory
19
20 Of course I have emerged freealut, but this gives me
21 /usr/lib64/libalut.so
22 when I think I actually need
23 /usr/lib32/libalut.so
24
25 I'm sure I can solve my problem with a 32-bit chrooted environment, but
26 this seems like a hammer to crush a fly.
27
28 So I'd like to have a emul-linux-x86 that provides libalut.so. I already
29 wrote a couple of ebuilds, but emul-linux-x86-* ebuilds seem different.
30 Are they binary packages? How can I write a emul-linux-x86 package for
31 freealut?
32
33 Or I'd like an ebuild for freealut in multilib mode (amd64 being merged
34 into /usr/lib64 and i686 being merged into /usr/lib32)? I could probably
35 write such an ebuild looking at glibc as a example. But would that be a
36 best practice or not recommended?
37
38 Thanks for you opinion,
39 --