From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 05:55:56
1 Ok, I'll just unzip it on another partition and compile as quickly as
2 possible I guess. It's pretty much a pain. Just hope it let's me compile
3 before it crashes again.
4
5 On 5/14/07, Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org <
6 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 >
8 > > Peter Davoust wrote:
9 > > Ok, I just conquered my gdm issues in a previous thread, and now I'm
10 > > finding that gentoo is crashing on me! ...
13 > "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@××××××.com> skribis:
14 > > I have been having that problem for quite some time now. It was really
15 > > bad when I upgraded to 2.6.21. I downgraded back to 2.6.20-r4 and I
16 > > haven't had near the problems. I am not sure what it is, but you aren't
17 > > the only one with that problem.
18 >
19 > I quit using Gentoo kernels on my AMD64 some while ago, after
20 > determining that with Gentoo kernels bad things happened with some
21 > kernels, while with vanilla kernels those bad things happened with
22 > none of the kernels. I don't know if my situation is related to this
23 > latest.
24 >
25 > I use the Gentoo kernel on x86 (my wife's computer) without any
26 > problems.
27 >
28 > --
29 > Barry.SCHWARTZ ĉe chemoelectric punkto org http://chemoelectric.org
30 > Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com
31 > 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
32 > (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)
33 > --
34 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list