From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Completely remove BIND
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:39:07
1 I've done something really stupid and FUBAR'd my BIND install on what
2 will be my new slave DNS server. The problem is that no matter what I
3 do, when I try to start BIND the system claims 'named is already started'.
4
5 What I want to do now is start over, tabula rasa, and rebuild BIND. I've
6 tried emerge -C bind bind-tools but when I emerge it back, I still get
7 the same problem.
8
9 So, any decent, non-system-destructive ways to wipe BIND off the system.
12 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
13 quadraturae circuli
14
15 Mark Haney
16 Sr. Systems Administrator
17 ERC Broadband
18 (828) 350-2415
19
20 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support