From: Andreas Vinsander <andreas@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HTPC, 64 or 32 bits?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:20:00
1 >> However you will probably want 32bit librarys installed so you can use
2 >> win32 codecs with mplayer and such.
3 >
4 > For being able to play WMV9 files you don't need win32codecs anymore, you
5 > can
6 > just use a media player that supports ffmpeg which is able to decode these
7 > files (since version 0.4.9_p20060816)...
10 Ah, that's good news!
11
12 And thanx anybody that cared to answer to this thread! The box is
13 installed by now. Only thing left is to find out what driver (if there is
14 one) I need for my Twinhan 3030 Mantis DTV PCI tv capture card. I will
15 take that question to the MythTVtalk boards.
16
17 BR,
18 /Andreas
19 --