From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] alsa mixer question
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:45:12
I am running a 2.6.14 kernel:

uname -a
Linux lurch 2.6.14-gentoo #1 PREEMPT Mon Oct 31 01:06:31 PST 2005 x86_64
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

using the 2005.0 profile and ~amd64<F4> ARCH on a Shuttle SN85G4.

In general a single sound application, xmms, mplayer, torcs, works.  The
problem is that the browser, galeon and others, often open /dev/sound/dsp.
Then when I try to run a second application that also uses sound, the
second application fails when it tries to open /dev/sound/dsp.

Does anyone have recommendations that I could follow to more easily get
multiple applications to work together?

I just want to be able to start a browser, xmms, and then run a few laps
with Torcs.

Steve Herber	herber@×××××.com		work: 206-221-7262
Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services	home: 425-454-2399
gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] alsa mixer question "Hemmann