From: Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Bluetooth Config
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:37:26
1 Unfortunately, http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml is somewhat
2 outdated, as well as most of info that one can find on internet (especially if
3 one is interested in bluez-4.x)
4
5 In particular, already bluez-3.x series do not have sdpd daemon - its role is
6 played internally by hcid.
7
8 In bluez-4.x series hcid is renamed bluetoothd and configs are changed
9 significantly, if you decide to play with that version
12 > I picked up a Bluetooth dongle and have gone through the steps here,
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml
14 >
15 > So on bluetooth startup I am supposed to get, per the instructions,
16 > (Start up Bluetooth)
17 > # /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
18 > * Starting Bluetooth ...
19 > * Starting hcid ... [ ok ]
20 > * Starting sdpd ... [ ok ]
21 > * Starting rfcomm ... [ ok ]
22 >
23 > However on my system I do not see the sdpd line.
24 > I have all the config options specified, and cannot figure out why?
25 > Does this show up on amd64, or do I have missed something?
26 > It is a broadcom based device.
27 >
28 > I figure once that is correct, I will move on to the next step.
29 >
30 > Thanks
31 > Sean
36 Dmitri Pogosyan Department of Physics
37 Associate Professor University of Alberta
38 tel 1-780-492-2150 11322 - 89 Avenue
39 fax 1-780-492-0714 Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G7, CANADA