From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] latest kernel and ndiswrapper
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:54:55
1 just compile these modules:
2
3 networking -> wireless ->
4 <*> Improved wireless configuration
5 API │ │
6 --- Wireless
7 extensions
8 │ │
9 <M> Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack
10 (mac80211) │ │
11 [ ] Enable LED
12 triggers
13 │ │
14 [*] Export mac80211 internals in
15 DebugFS │ │
16 [*] Enable debugging
17 output
18 │ │
19 [*] Verbose debugging
20 output
21 │ │
22 [*] Debug frame
23 dumping
24 │ │
25 [*] TKIP
26 debugging
27 │ │
28 │ │ [*] Extra statistics for TX/RX
29 debugging │ │
30 │ │ [*] Support for IBSS
31 testing
32 │ │
33 │ │ [*] Verbose powersave mode
34 debugging
35 │ │
36 │ │ <M> Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking
37 Stack │ │
38 │ │ [*] Enable full debugging
39 output
40 │ │
41 │ │ --- IEEE 802.11 WEP encryption (
42 802.1x) │
43
44 │ │ <M> IEEE 802.11i CCMP
45 support
46 │ │
47 │ │ <M> IEEE 802.11i TKIP
48 encryption
49 │ │
50 │ │ <M> Software MAC add-on to the
51 IEEE 802.11 networking stack │
52
53 │ │ [*] Enable full debugging
54 output
55
56 the important things are generic iee support, software mac add-on
57 then go to
58 device drivers - network device support - wireless lan
59 and there you should find these options:
60
61 <M> Broadcom BCM43xx wireless
62 support
63 │ │
64 │ │ [*] Broadcom BCM43xx debugging
65 (RECOMMENDED) │
66
67 │ │ BCM43xx data transfer mode
68 (DMA + PIO) --->
69
70 you cannot see them before setting to module or compile into kernel of the
71 softmac addon.
72 this should be your default settings. then recompile and install the kernel,
73 install the bcm43xx-fwcutter from the gentoo repository and run it to cut
74 the file i've appended. then copy all the .fw in the /lib/firmware directory
75 and reboot.
76
77 if you have installed the sabayon overlay you have the bcm43xx-firware
78 packet that has the firware already cut and you just need to install that
79 package. for having the better experience of bcm43xx use the latest kernel
80 source cause the guys of bcm43xx project get fixes and new supports for
81 these drivers.
82 it should take about 5min to install everything and reboot.
83