From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Local network backup
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:48:04
1 I use net-misc/keychain to manage my ssh keys. My backup machine root account has this sequence in the .bash_profile file:
2
3 keychain ~/.ssh/id_dsa
4 . ~/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh
5
6 If I reboot the backup machine I need to remember to login as root.
7 The keychain program checks to see if it has the key in memory and only
8 asks for the password the first time.
9
10 I use this as part of my rsnapshot backup system.
13 Steve Herber herber@×××××.com work: 206-221-7262
14 Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services home: 425-454-2399
15