From: "Juan Fco. Giordana" <juangiordana@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] package.provided and virtual/mysql problem
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:01:44
1 Hello list,
2
3 I mantain my own copy of dev-db/mysql (5.1.42) so I have the following
4 information in my package.provided and virtuals files.
5
6 ~ $ cat /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
7 mail-mta/netqmail-1.06
8 dev-db/mysql-5.0.84-r1
9
10 ~ $ cat /etc/portage/profile/virtuals
11 virtual/mta mail-mta/netqmail
12 virtual/mysql dev-db/mysql
13
14 This worked ok so far until a few days ago. After syncing the tree
15 'emerge -avuDN world' wants to add 'virtual-mysql-5.0' overriding (I
16 think) the settings I've specified above.
17
18 This is happening on two Gentoo servers I mantain and I have the same
19 problem on my desktop computer, which runs Funtoo, but with Funtoo the
20 problem appeared a few months ago. I don't recall exactly how long.
21
22 I've been searching the net for a few days and trying to find some
23 orientation on IRC but so far I'm still clueless.
24
25 Can this be considered a normal operation? If so, what should I do with
26 the entries in the virtuals file.
27
28 Is it safe to allow virtual/mysql-5.0 to be installed in this case?
29
30 Can this be considered a bug?
31
32 Thanks in advance for any tips you could give me.