From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mplayer
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:44:21
1 "Lorenzo Milesi" <lorenzo.milesi@×××××.com> posted
2 29c147bd0608310413t733964fau1b0fee1d9410a7c4@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:13:54 +0200:
4
5 > Does anyone of you use ~amd64 up up to date and have problems with mplayer?
6 >
7 > I cannot play movies since a couple of days, but I can't understand if
8 > it's a problem of xgl which I installed few days ago or Gentoo
9 > problem, since I experience the same even in a traditional Gnome
10 > session :-(
11
12 This may or may not be a solution you find acceptable, but I use xine and
13 don't have mplayer merged at all. Why? xine "just works" for more stuff,
14 where I was constantly fighting with mplayer and various plugins and
15 codecs to get it to work, with the same exact files that played without
16 issue using xine. (FWIW, my front-end is kmplayer.)
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list