From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] media-video/mplayer-20090226.28734-r1 fails
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:36:19
1 On Friday 20 March 2009, Tiago Santos wrote:
2 > that happens due to a gcc-4.3.3-r1 bug, which is already fixed, but had no
3 > version bump
4 > so just re-emerge your gcc and then mplayer will compile fine
5
6 Any idea why there was no version bump for gcc? it would have saved a lot of
7 people a lot of trouble as it is quite serious as some programs like mplayer
8 wouldn't compile.
9
10 I just did an emerge -e system before I wanted to report this and since the
11 rebuild fixed it I did not investigate further... that would not have been
12 necessary if there was a gcc version bump.
15 Rudmer