From: B Vance <bvance@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] updating world
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:53:46
1 On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 14:28 +0000, Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have been updating my system. Firstly I used 'emerge --sync' then
4 > 'emerge --update world'. However, the update stops with a segmentation
5 > fault. Is this a big problem that needs fixing and how?
6 > Thanks.
7 >
8 > --
9 > Dr Gavin Seddon
10 > School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
11 > University of Manchester
12 > Oxford Road, Manchester
13 > M13 9PL, U.K.
16 If it's segfaulting at the Updating world file -X% area, I used to have
17 the same problem. It was solved by doing an:
18
19 emerge -euDv portage
20
21 I'm not sure what was mal-adjusted, but that did sort the problem out.
22
23 Best of luck
24
25 B. Vance