From: Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:37:45
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Homer Parker <hparker@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 03:32 +1000, Lie Ryan wrote:
4 > > So, yes, I think you do have an extreme irrational bias if you prefer
5 > > a
6 > > text-based email or torrent clients over a GUI equivalent.
7 >
8 > Text based torrent clients are great for running on headless
9 > machines
10 > in tmux or screen. Fire it up, mount the watch directory with whatever
11 > method you prefer, drop your .torrent files in there.. Pretty simple
12 > imo. So I guess I have an irrational bias towards text based torrent
13 > clients ;)
16 Many popular torrent clients, uTorrent and Transmission for example, can run
17 a webserver so you can control your download remotely with a web browser,
18 see http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control-torrent-client-mobile-phone/.
19 Azureus/Vuze has plugins that allow the same thing.