From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel 2.6.21 problem
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:17:22
1 > Well, xorg.conf/xset don't help in console mode. At least here,
2 > something does monitor blanking (it doesn't actually turn off) in console
3 > mode if I leave it sit. It's not /that/ big a deal here, but it'd be
4 > nice to at least know what's responsible and where the config for it is.
5
6 setterm?
7
8 So far as I can tell, having ACPI enabled these days is generally a
9 good thing. If theres a problem with screens blanking when you don't
10 want them to then its most likely something else thats mis-configured.
11 At the same time, the kernel should still compile without ACPI
12 support.
13
14 Wil
15 --