From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] boinc
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:21:25
1 I hope something gets worked out. I also had boinc/setiathome running on
2 my amd64 system but it broke when seti released a new version of their
3 software. The portage versions have not kept up with seti and I tried to
4 create a local overlay to try new versions but ended up with the
5 unsupported version problem. I just don't understand what needs to be
6 changed to get it to work again. I wish someone with more understanding
7 could get gentoo to support amd64. (Yes, there is probably a fix buried
8 somewhere in the forums or in a bug report, but they are still work
9 around for the fact that emerge setiathome fails to create a viable
10 system on amd64.)
11
12 Good luck.
13
14 Steve Herber herber@×××××.com work: 206-221-7262
15 Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services home: 425-454-2399
16