From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kopete and akonadi server
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:31:58
1 Mark Haney posted on Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:58:07 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > I just filed a bug report on akonadi server 1.2.0 failing to build on my
4 > system. That isn't the problem, the problem is I am trying to update
5 > kopete, but it is requiring akonadi for updating to 4.3.0.
6 >
7 > Is there a USE flag I can turn off to make that go away?
8
9 I don't believe so. I don't have kopete merged here (not an IM/IRC type
10 of guy), but:
11
12 $ equery depends akonadi-server
13 * Searching for akonadi-server ...
14 kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.3.0 (>=app-office/akonadi-server-1.2.0)
15 $ equery depgraph --depth=1 =kopete-4.3.0 | grep kdepimlibs
16 `-- kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.3.0
17 $
18
19 So kopete needs kdepimlibs, which in turn, needs akonadi-server.
20
21 FWIW, I have akonadi-server installed here, for kdepimlibs, for a whole
22 bunch of stuff (akregator, koffice-libs, plasma-workspace with the rss
23 USE flag, kdeplasma-addons, kaddressbook, kmail, a bunch of other
24 libraries...). So it's likely that even if you didn't need it for
25 kopete, you'd need it for something else that uses kdepimlibs.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman