From: Michel Merinoff <mike_merinov@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] another "little" problem appeared (ATI driver/direct rendering/kernel)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:34:57
1 Well, I had been using the kernel 2.6.17-r8 and everything seemed ok
2 with the subj. But then I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.18-r1, and there's
3 one feature I can't get started with.
4 As it is said in a few faqs (including gentoo faq) of howto install DRI,
5 in order to get the thing working you must enable kernel agp support
6 with the proper driver installed. My driver seemed to be
7 CONFIG_AGP_AMD64. It was enabled in the kernel previous, it is enabled
8 in the kernel actual:
9 michel@michelle /usr/src/linux $ cat .config|grep AGP_AMD64
10 CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
11
12 But it is not seen when I use make menuconfig. I syncronically checked
13 all the options which were enabled at the previous kernel, but it did
14 not appear, and I can't find out why. I tried to check dependencies, but
15 didn't succeed.
16
17 And the thing is dri doesn't work with 2.6.18-r1. I checked 2.6.17-r8,
18 it does.
24 All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine
25 http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list