From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 2.6.23 panics/freezes/reboots?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 02:24:13
1 Has anybody else been having trouble with the latest gentoo-sources
2 since the vmslice fix?
3
4 I've been having reboots a few times this week - almost always at the
5 same time of the evening on my mythtv backend while watching TV from a
6 remote front-end. Granted, that could be unrelated - mythtv gets used
7 at all times during the day without issue otherwise. Nothing really
8 going on otherwise that I can think of unless some web spider is hitting
9 my website or something like that.
10
11 I have my kernel configured to reboot on a panic - I might disable that
12 over the weekend to see if I can get any debugging info out of it.
13
14 I have vmware and nvidia modules, so this isn't a standard kernel,
15 although neither of those modules was really doing anything at the time
16 of the crashes (no vmware sessions running, X11 just displaying a blank
17 screen-saver at the time). I am using the in-kernel ivtv so that is
18 less-typical hardware use.
19
20 I'm curious if anybody else is having issues. I didn't spot any signs
21 of trouble in a google search except for a vague bug report for gentoo
22 with lots of forking processes (I've got stuff forking on occasion like
23 apache, but nothing major).
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list