From: Jamie Dobbs <jamie.dobbs@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] CPU Frequency Scaling
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:32:35
1 I have recently installed Gentoo on my Socket 939 AMD64 3200+ after
2 doing a hardware rebuild on the PC but for the life of me I cannot
3 remember how to get the CPU Frequency Scaling (hopefully that is the
4 correct term) working so that when the CPU is not doing much it goes in
5 to "low power" mode and will run cooler/quieter.
6 I seem to recall there is a kernel compile option I need to ensure that
7 is in place and there is a daemon that needs to be loaded as well?
8 If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
9
10 Cheers
11
12 Jamie