From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ldconfig breaks my system
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:59:53
Alex Bennee wrote:
> > Yes that one. I've been unable to succesfully upgrade to 2.3.5 without > hitting the failure. However I left my system building a fresh partition > from scratch over the weekend - it managed to upgrade to 2.3.5 without a > problem. > > Something has obviously broken on my main partition that is preventing > the update. Perhaps the difference in explain things? >
So, your system is still broken? You can use quickpkg to make a binary package from the glibc that you built on the fresh partition. Try to install that binary package. If that doesn't work then you can do it by brute force: untar the binary package directly onto your broken system and run ldconfig. Zac -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] ldconfig breaks my system Alex Bennee <alex@××××××.com>