From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] DHCPCD does not start on boot
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 06:41:00
1 We have a network with a windows dhcp server. Few weeks ago dhcpcd did not function at the boot, and since them I have to bring it up manually:
2
3 $ dhcpcd eth0.
4
5 Configuration:
6 $ rc-update -s
7 acpid | default
8 alsasound | boot
9 beagled | default
10 bootmisc | boot
11 checkfs | boot
12 checkroot | boot
13 clock | boot
14 consolefont | boot
15 cpudyn | default
16 cupsd | default
17 esound | default
18 gpm | default
19 hald | default
20 hostname | boot
21 ivman-user | default
22 keymaps | boot
23 lm_sensors | boot
24 local | default nonetwork
25 localmount | boot
26 modules | boot
27 net.eth0 | default
28 net.lo | boot
29 netmount | default
30 rmnologin | boot
31 samba | default
32 syslog-ng | default
33 urandom | boot
34 usbd | default
35 vixie-cron | default
36 xdm | default
37 xinetd | default
38
39 The "/etc/conf.d/net" files was initially empty (comments only). Changing to:
40
41 $ cat /etc/conf.d/net
42 # This blank configuration will automatically use DHCP for any net.*
43 # scripts in /etc/init.d. To create a more complete configuration,
44 # please review /etc/conf.d/net.example and save your configuration
45 # in /etc/conf.d/net (this file :]!).
46 modules=( "dhcpcd" ) # to select dhclient over dhcpcd
47 config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
48 dhcp_eth0="nontp nonis"
49
50 did not help.
51
52 Before the login prompt I get the message:
53
54 WARNING: netmount is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
55 (and a similar warning for the samba services
56
57 Any ideas how to get dhcpcd run at boot?
58
59 Nadav.