From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Wow! KDE 3.5.1 & Xorg 7.0 w/ Composite
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:03:00
1 William Tetrault posted <200602021938.45044.xcourse97@×××××××.net>,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:38:45 -0600:
3
4 > On Thursday 02 February 2006 14:05, Duncan wrote:
5 >>
6 >> [screenshots at] http://members.cox.net/pu61ic.1inux.dunc4n/
7 >
8 > Very impressive screenshot. And I got a real kick out of some of the titles
9 > at the bottom of the bottom!
10
11 LOL! I hadn't noticed them, as I was too busy figuring out how the Cox
12 website worked, what I wanted in my screenshot, and the like.
13
14 That is of course Slate. I believe it was last year that the Washington
15 Post bought them off of MS, and I decided I wanted to see what the site
16 was all about. Many web-active folks at least here in the US are probably
17 aware of them already, but for those that aren't, Slate is a political and
18 society commentary site, with, I am told, a pretty active "In the Fray"
19 user participation section as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I find
20 enough of the commentary interesting enough to have subscribed to their
21 RDF feed for knewsticker.
22
23 My biggest gripe is that the titles aren't always descriptive enough to
24 know if it's something I'm interested in or not -- they are aimed at the
25 satire or bite, and don't always convey whether it's say sports (which I'm
26 not much interested in), TV/Media/Celebs (same, tho I'll read or skim some
27 articles), or political commentary (the reason I'm subscribed). There are
28 of course other RDF readers that would display the subheader and/or first
29 paragraph as well, which would supply the info, but not in that nice
30 little scroller I can leave running and not worry about it.
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
36 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list