From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] Unable to execute binary files on CLI
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:30:10
1 Do you have an execution permission for ib2007ux or the directory it resides?
2
3 arandr: what is the first line in the file?
4 maybe you are missing the file /usr/bin/env?
5
6 Nadav
7
8 -----הודעה מקורית-----
9 מאת: Tonko Mulder [mailto:tonko.mulder@×××××.com]
10 נשלח: ה 13-נובמבר-08 10:30
11 אל: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
12 נושא: [gentoo-amd64] Unable to execute binary files on CLI
13
14 Hello list,
15
16 for some reason I'm unable to execute binary files and script files
17 (e.g. bash/sh/python).
18 If I put the interpreter in front of the shell script then I'm able to
19 execute the file, but I'm unable to run it as one would normal run it.
20
21 tonko@Gaius ~/ib2007/bin $ file ib2007ux
22 ib2007ux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
23 dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, stripped
24 tonko@Gaius ~/ib2007/bin $ ./ib2007ux
25 -bash: ./ib2007ux: Access denied
26
27 That's the output I get when trying to execute a binary file.
28
29 The next is when I try to execute a script file, in this case it's a
30 python script but same goes for every other.
31
32 tonko@Gaius ~/Dev/repo/arandr $ ./arandr
33 -bash: ./arandr: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Access denied
34
35 I'm rather clueless on what might have caused this, so any help would
36 be very appreciated.
37 As a final resort I changed my CFLAGS from -Os to -O2 as is standard.
38
39 My emerge --info is at http://www.xs4all.nl/~mtonko/emerge.info
40 uname -a : Linux Gaius 2.6.26-gentoo-r1 #5 SMP Tue Nov 11 13:41:10 CET
41 2008 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55
42 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
46 Regards,
47 Tonko

winmail.dat application/ms-tnef