From: William Tetrault <xcourse97@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] reiser4 fs
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:14:06
1 I'd be surprised if you found anyone on this list who would give you a
2 thumbs-up for using reiser4 - it's still a very buggy baby from all I have
3 heard.
4
5 On Monday 26 December 2005 08:45, Andrea Chiavelli wrote:
6 > Hi guys.
7 > I'm going to install gentoo 2005.1-r1 for amd64 on a turion-powered
8 > notebook and an awful dilemma caught me: should i use reiser4 for root
9 > partition or not? I've read tons of docs available on the topic but i
10 > found it a bit contradictory. Do you know anything about the actual
11 > state of support of the reiser4 fs? Does the default gentoo-kernel
12 > support it ? have you experienced reiser4 on a amd64? Is it really so
13 > fast or current software make it buggy and useless?
14 > Thanks a lot ;-)
15 > And.
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list