From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:02:38
1 On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:22:33 -0500
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Take a look at this page:
6 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Downgrade_Glibc
7 >
8 > And also this forum topic:
9 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-845000-start-0.html
12 Thanks for these links.
13
14 What a mess! In my case there would be no problem because
15 absolutely nothing was built against the new glibc.
16
17 However, I found another solution. I did not realize that
18 Gentoo offers a binary OpenOffice package. Installing
19 this openoffice-bin package now gives me an OpenOffice
20 that starts with the new glibc update.
21
22 So the new question is why does the binary from OO/LO
23 fail to start while the Gentoo binary shows no problem?
24 AFAIK they are the same package, but the directory structures
25 are different.
26
27 Anyway, I'm glad to have OO running.
28