From: Marcel Treis <marcel@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problem emerging subversion-1.3.2-r3
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 07:11:45
1 On Monday 07 August 2006 01:36, Duncan wrote:
2 > Marcel Treis <marcel@×××××××××.de> posted
3 > 200608062325.53716.marcel@×××××××××.de, excerpted below, on Sun, 06 Aug
4 >
5 > I have that merged here, same flags as you, save version you are trying.
6 >
7 > However ldb-4.2 indicates your db package may be the problem. Note that
8 > db is slotted. I have 4.3.29-r2 (only) here. You may have several
9 > versions merged. It looks like it's trying to use 4.2. and finding a bad
10 > *.la file. Try remerging that (using the --oneshot parameter) or
11 > upgrading to 4.3, unmerging 4.2, and doing a revdep-rebuild. Note that db
12 > isn't an uncommon dependency and the minor versions are compile time
13 > compatible but run-time incompatible, meaning once you unmerge 4.2
14 > revdep-rebuild may have several packages to remerge so they build against
15 > 4.3.
16
17 Thanks for the hint, i now have subversion-1.3.0 running.
18 The problem was that i didnt know the "db"-package was the berkeley-db. So
19 with that information provided by you i could play around with db, portage,
20 neon and stuff... ;-)
21
22 Thanks to you, i finally got 'layman -a portage-xgl' running. *g*