From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Silly X question.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:40:32
1 I've been mucking around with X lately after the upgrade to the latest
2 ati-drivers (not proprietary ones) and I followed Duncan's advice and
3 just pulled xorg.conf completely to see if the X server would manage my
4 display correctly.
5
6 So, I renamed xorg.conf to xorg.conf.bak and restarted the system. So
7 far everything looks the same, which I think is a good thing, but I do
8 not see a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Is that supposed to be the
9 case? I thought when the system had to detect everything it would
10 create a new one?
11
12 I do have an xorg.conf~ file sitting in that directory, could the system
13 be using that one instead?
17 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
18 quadraturae circuli
19
20 Mark Haney
21 Sr. Systems Administrator
22 ERC Broadband
23 (828) 350-2415
24
25 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support