From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: unknown monitor [fixed]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:51:24
DR GM SEDDON posted <4381B8E7.5030700@×××××××××××××.uk>, excerpted below,
on Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:09:11 +0000:

> I have tried Knoppix previously but the cd wouldn't boot. So, I have > used Ubuntu and xorg.conf off this, startx works fine.
Cool! =8^) Glad something worked, even if it did take multiple several-hundred-line mails to ferret it out! Feel free, of course, to use what I wrote as a bit of a guide to understanding the xorg.conf borrowed from Ubuntu. =8^) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list