From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] CUPSD restart
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:35:30
1 Just out of curiousity, does anyone else have to restart cupsd just to
2 have their printers show up after booting up? I've had this problem for
3 about 6 months now and haven't really dug into it much, but I'm doing
4 more printing of late and this is getting irritating.
5
6 I've got cupsd set to start on boot, but when I try to print the first
7 time of the day I have only one option: Print to File.
8
9 But once I restart cupsd I get all my printers showing up (3 from work
10 and one from the house.
11
12 Any ideas on where to start debugging this?
15 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
16 quadraturae circuli
17
18 Mark Haney
19 Sr. Systems Administrator
20 ERC Broadband
21 (828) 350-2415
22
23 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support