From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: What went wrong
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:42:03
1 On 1/16/07, Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 16 January 2007 21:42, Duncan wrote:
3 >
4 > > Are you sure your power to wherever you plugin is good? What about the
5 > > onboard power supply? Is it heavy duty enough to run the RAID and the
6 > > system and...? It's UL (or equivalent in your area) listed for the rated
7 > > wattage, right?
8 >
9 > What's UL?
10
11 Underwriters Laboritories, iirc. They basically make sure things work
12 like they're supposed to, i.e. without killing anyone or destroying
13 other equipment. I think the equivalent across the pond is CE (I
14 think).
15
16 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwriters_Laboratories
19 Ryan W Sims