From: Scott Stoddard <deltacow@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice-bin-2.0.2 hang for regular users
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:09:56
1 Andreas Vinsander wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > After upgrading openoffice-bin from 1.1.5 to 2.0.2 my ordinary users
5 > can't save documents or exit out of openoffice applications.
6 >
7 > An strace on the pid of a hanging process (tried to exit OOo) shows this:
8 >
9 > [ Process PID=11248 runs in 32 bit mode. ]
10 > futex(0x80bab50, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL
11 >
12 > Root can exit out of OOo applications without problem.
13 >
14 > I run a nptlonly multilib stable amd64 installation of gentoo, with some
15 > packages from ~amd64.
16 >
17 > Any hints of what might be wrong in my system?
18 > Is the nptlonly glibc the problem?
19
20 I don't know if this has been resolved yet, but I was having a similar
21 (read: exactly the same) problem. Are you using nfs-mounted home
22 directories by any chance?
23
24 In my case we're using a diskless gentoo system where the home
25 directories are all nfs mounts to the server. The problem had to do
26 with nfs file locking. It can be solved by editing
27 /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice and commenting out these two lines:
28
29 SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
30 export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
31
32 Note that setting it =0 was not enough for me, I had to comment them out.
33
34 Everything worked fine after that.
35
36 Scott.