From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] SD Card reader, HP/Compaq latptop {SOLVED}
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:46:47
1 2007/7/6, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > Javi Moreno wrote:
4 >
5 > > # make && make modules_install
6 > > # cp arch/'YOUR ARCH'/boot/bzImage /boot/'YOUR KERNEL'
7 > > # reboot (not needed depending on what you had on your previous kernel)
8 > >
9 > > # modprobe tifm_sd
10 > > # update-modules
11 > >
12 > > The device will be named /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0p1 for firt partition
13 > > and
14 > > so on.
15 > >
16 > > Now mount, you'll need vfat fs support.
19 > Yep that did it. The problem I had was that I was compiling mmc_core
20 > and mmc_blk(?) as modules and they wouldn't load that way. Once I built
21 > them into the kernel and left tifm_sd, etc. as modules they all played
22 > nice and now I can use my SD card.
25 you can also build them as modules, and then add them as 2 lines in
26 /etc/modules.autoload/kernel-2.6 file and they will be loaded at the top of
27 start of local and imedeately after the start of boot services.... this is a
28 way of loading modules that udev will not load by default and that you still
29 want to load at boot....
30
31 Thanks for the help.
34 > --
35 > Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
38 > Mark Haney
39 > Sr. Systems Administrator
40 > ERC Broadband
41 > (828) 350-2415
42 >
43 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
44 > --
45 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
51 beso
52