From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] unable to emerge anything
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:27:02
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I have been having problems for weeks and have had to reinstall. My
4 > motherboard SATA controller died so I have had to get a new motherboard
5 > and at the same time upgraded from a single to a x2 amd 64 processor.
6 >
7 > I initially installed from an amd 64 minimal install 2006 disc as I
8 > couldn't get the 2007 ones to work.
9 > I then restored my system from an external disk using rsync, rebooted and
10 > my system came to life and I could login to kde. However the elation
11 > didn't last long.
12 > I synced portage and tried to update world but no matter what program I
13 > try to install or update I get errors and each one fails.
14 > The errors appear to be because of a multilib environment.
15 > This is the error for sandbox
16 >
17 > * Building failed for ABI=x86!. This usually means a broken
18 > * multilib setup. Please fix that before filling a bugreport
19 > * against sandbox.
20 >
21 > This is one of the errors for portage
25 Just a word of advice, please don't post the exact same message under
26 two different subject lines. It's annoying.
27
28 However, have you tried beso's solution of pulling and rebuild glibc,
29 etc? Sounds to me like that would at least fix part of it if not all.
32 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
35 Mark Haney
36 Sr. Systems Administrator
37 ERC Broadband
38 (828) 350-2415
39
40 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
41 --
42 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list