From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: bittorrent tracker with access control
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:45:32
1 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 49777778.1000708@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Thu, 22 Jan 2009
3 02:28:56 +0700:
4
5 > I am looking for an easy-to-setup bittorrent tracker for a small list of
6 > large files that I manage.
7 > I found some good/comprehensive instructions here:
8 > http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/lpt/a/6153
9
10 > But unfortunately this means that the tracker can be used by anyone
11 > to track new torrents, and this is not acceptable for my purpose.
12
13 Did you try the following as quoted from your link above, or is it simply
14 incorrect?
15
16 >> You can prevent other people from using your tracker --
17 >> as postgresql.org does, by the way -- by telling bttrack to track
18 >> only those torrents of which it has copies in a user-defined
19 >> directory. For example, if I place a copy of the pg_live torrent
20 >> file in a directory where bttrack can see it, it will limit the
21 >> tracker to file sharing for just pg_live. That's the purpose of
22 >> the --show_names and --allowed_dir switches:
23 >>
24 >> $ bttrack --port 8099 --show_names 1 --allowed_dir ~/mytorrents \
25 >> --dfile downloadinfo.txt
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman