From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: problems with gmp and portage
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:57:52
1 Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net> posted
2 20060706141513.GA14608@××××××.localdomain, excerpted below, on Thu, 06
3 Jul 2006 09:15:13 -0500:
4
5 > So, I decided to give up and try doing an emerge -ep world to rebuild
6 > everything. However, I get very similar errors when trying to build
7 > gettext. Just for fun, I changed my profile to 2006.0/no-multilib, and I
8 > got the same errors. Finally, in the spirit of really breaking things, I
9 > ran the bootstrap.sh script, but it died in the same way.
10 >
11 > How do I fix my system now?
12
13 Well, it's at least consistent! <g>
14
15 I was hoping that the rebuild would correct the problem before it got to
16 anything affected by it, but it seems not.
17
18 Did you try a diff on the configure.log (config.log?) from the successful
19 non-portage run and the unsuccessful portage run? As I said in a previous
20 response, with any luck at all, that should reveal the difference, and
21 from there it should be possible to work backward to what environmental
22 difference caused it.
23
24 For kicks, if you go back to stable portage (looks like 2.1-r1, from my
25 sync about 18 hours ago), does that fix it? What about going back to 2.0.5x
26 portage (2.0.54-r2, or 2.0.51.22-r3)? Note that you should do an emerge
27 --metadata after reverting to 2.0.5x.
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list