From: "John C. Shimek" <jcshimek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel.org vs. Gentoo-64 bit kernels (xruns)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:08:35
1 A few questions and comments.
2 Are you running the most current BOIS on your MB? Have you checked your
3 BOIS setting to see if any of that can help with realtime performance?
4 Is all your hardware good? Checked memory, hard drives, motherboard,
5 video card, NIC, anything else you might have.
6
7 I have no knowledge of realtime or audio things but I have seen several
8 posts about bad hardware messing things up in weird unpredicted ways.
9 You seem to know about most everything that has been suggested and if
10 the software is not fixing, try the hardware. Though I can't help a lot
11 with diagnosing hardware problems, I know several on this list and other
12 are great at it.
13
14 My 2 cents worth
15 JCS