From: Harry Holt <harryholt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ati-drivers compile issues
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:43:06
1 On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Harry Holt wrote:
4 >
5 >> Well I'm still working on trying various things. I decided to go ahead
6 >> and enable PCI_LEGACY to get xorg, etc. all in place and then try disabling
7 >> to see if things still worked. Unfortunately I ran into this:
8 >>
9 >> * The current ati-drivers don't compile when having
10 >> * paravirtualization active due to GPL symbol export
11 >> * restrictions.
12 >> * Please disable it:
13 >> * CONFIG_PARAVIRT=n
14 >> * in /usr/src/linux/.config or
15 >> * Processor type and features -->
16 >> * [ ] Paravirtualization support (EXPERIMENTAL)
17 >> * in 'menuconfig'
18 >>
19 >> Which is crazy, because the whole point of this box is to run VMs.
22 > Try the same here. Disable it on your local overlay copy of the ebuild :P
23 > It could be just a legacy workaround that is fixed in recent Catalyst.
26 Actually, this turned out to be an issue with Nvidia and ATI drivers some
27 time back, so it was fixed in kernel 2.6.22, and is no longer an issue.
28 I'll see if I can find or create a bug and get that check removed.
29
30 I added a comment to a similar issue with the nvidia driver (
31 http://bugs.gentoo.org/264375), so hopefully it will get picked up.