From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Amarok update failure
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:23:42
1 On Friday 12 June 2009 10:51:41 Beso wrote:
2 > 2009/6/12 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
3 >
4 > > Hello all,
5 > > I have the following error when updating amarok to version
6 > > amarok-1.4.10_p20090130-r2
7 <snip>
8 > > Where do I get "libpcreposix.la" from?
9 > > I am running KDE 3.5.10
10 >
11 > it should belong to libpcre package. i think that you've upgraded that
12 > package recently, but you haven't run revdep-rebuild. There re some
13 > packages depending on it, and i think that a dependency of amarok is broken
14 > after the .la removal. the old kde3.5 version were linking against .la
15 > instead of direct lib linking if i recall corectly, and so if a .la file is
16 > removed you should rebuild the stuff linked against it. you might also
17 > encounter issues rebuilding the broken packages. i still have some 3.5
18 > packages that fail on rebuild, but nowadays i don't really have time to fix
19 > them up.
20 > anyway, my advice is to run revdep-rebuild and the retry installing amarok.
21 Thanks Beso,
22 I should have thought of that, I am now updating 33 packages so hopefully
23 amarok will install correctly after they have finished.
24 Paul
28 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux