From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 22:06:15
2011/1/8 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>:

> > First, I want to thank all those who took the time to confirm (even though, > from my perspective, it was all bad news :-( ). > > The modules are loading without problem.  For example, the kernel > log reports the following: > > kernel: ICE1712 0000:04:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 21 > > Both lspci and show that the sound card is there, and > this would not happen if the modules were not being properly loaded. > In other words the kernel can detect the card. > > I don't use udev.  All modules are loaded manually and the devices > in /dev are permanent.  Permissions are also as they should be, > because an alsa script was used to create the devices. > > The problem seems to be with the applications.  The open() routine > reports back "no device found."  Now, open() is a glibc routine but > it will ultimately call the kernel routines that are, I believe, contained > in the alsa modules.  Since kernel 2.6.36 works, it most likely is a > kernel 2.6.37 issue. > > I'll have to recompile 2.6.37 with debugging output and see what > happens. > > Frank Peters > >
Hi Frank, works perfect here. 04:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Virtuoso 100 (Xonar D1) Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20 I/O ports at d000 [size=256] Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2 Kernel driver in use: AV200 I have compiled everything in the kernel, no modules. Curious: why aren't you using udev? Regards, Martin

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>