From: Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Java on AMD64
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:12:21
1 > Dmitri Pogosyan schrieb:
2 > >
3 > > Although I have 64-bit machine for years now, recently I completely switched to 32 bit
4 > > firefox-bin, just found supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit firefoxes too much of a bother.
5 > > 32-bit flash and java works OK for me. Flash under 64-bit is I guess possible through
6 some
7 > > wrappers, but is a pain.
10 > Only java is not supported for firefox 64bit. Most other plugins are
11 > possible with nspluginwrapper.
12
13 Sure, even java - I still have blackdown installed, which had a plugin (I remember, how two
14 years ago I would go for 64 bit firefox if I need to see site with java, and for 32-bit - if I need
15 flash). But is there point to bother ? I have couple of 32-bit applications, like openoffice,
16 anyway.
19 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_AMD64
20 >
21 > -Bj�rn
26 Dmitri Pogosyan Department of Physics
27 Associate Professor University of Alberta
28 tel 1-780-492-2150 11322 - 89 Avenue
29 fax 1-780-492-0714 Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G7, CANADA
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list