From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4 desktop effects
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:09:01
1 Beso wrote:
4 > this is due either to the driver not supporting something or some of its
5 > misconfigurations or to something missing (protos or libs in xorg-modular).
6 > it would be useful to see your xorg.conf, know what driver you're using and
7 > what board you're using, glxinfo output and what use confs you have on
8 > xorg-server and on your libdrm and x11-drm and what versions of these
9 > packages you're using.
12 Ah, that might be the problem, I am using the opensource 'radeon' driver
13 for my laptop. I don't have drm enabled on this box because I never
14 could get the ATI driver to work. I bet that's the problem.
15
16 Does the radeon driver have DRM? Last I read, it didn't. Or not very well.
21 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
24 Mark Haney
25 Sr. Systems Administrator
26 ERC Broadband
27 (828) 350-2415
28
29 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support