From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Systemd timers screwed up by DST change?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 11:27:46
1 Hi list
2
3 I've got a weird problem: after booting my computer (which was off during the
4 DST change last night) my bi-hourly backup timer didn't run as it would
5 normally do. Looking at the list of timers, it is next scheduled to run at
6 midnight tonight:
7
8 # systemctl list-timers
9 NEXT LEFT LAST PASSED UNIT ACTIVATES
10 [...]
11 Mo 2015-03-30 00:00:00 CEST 10h left So 2015-03-29 00:00:01 CET 12h ago backup-hourly.timer backup@××××××.service
12 [...]
13
14 The timer is defined thusly:
15
16 # cat /etc/systemd/system/backup-hourly.timer
17 [Unit]
18 Description=Run hourly backups (timer)
19
20 [Timer]
21 OnCalendar=0/2:00
22 Persistent=True
23 Unit=backup@××××××.service
24
25 [Install]
26 WantedBy=timers.target
27
28 Has anybody else seen anything similar today? I've never seen anything like
29 this happen before, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to the DST
30 change. Also, in the event that it matters: I use chrony instead of timesyncd.
31
32 Greetings
33 --
34 Marc Joliet
35 --
36 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
37 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup