From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Openoffice build error (#2 to keep them in line)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:24:21
1 sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net> posted 45440FA2.4070509@×××××××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:19:14 -0400:
3
4 > Still learning (slowly as time and problems arise) what I need to do to
5 > maintain the system.
6 >
7 > After reading your post I went to work on how to update gcc. Completed
8 > that earlier today then went to work on Openoffice.
9 >
10 > Openoffice had been a bear to compile. Had many problems, failed often,
11 > plus the storm that came through caused power problems. Finally have
12 > managed to get a clean build and all is working. OO definitely starts up
13 > faster after being compiled, rather then the bin.
14 >
15 > Thanks all for the help and pointers, it made the difference.
16
17 Hey, thanks for the feedback, too. It's great to see someone finally work
18 thru a problem and get things working, and even greater when they were
19 able to learn something new from it, making things easier the next time.
20 =8^)
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list