From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How to enable X FontCache?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:05:00
1 "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net> posted
2 1147473817.14766.2.camel@scarlatti, excerpted below, on Fri, 12 May 2006
3 15:43:37 -0700:
4
5 > /var/log/Xorg.0.log does not contain the either "FontCache" or
6 > fontcache", and "xset q" says that FontCache not enabled. I have the
7 > package libXfontcache installed. How do enable the FontCache extension?
8 > (I'm assuming that enabling a font cache is a Good Thing(tm).)
9
10 You may or may not find someone here that can answer that with authority.
11 If you don't, consider posting the question to the gentoo desktop list.
12 Spyderous or one of the other devs or user regulars there should know, and
13 that list is good for all things desktop related, including X, KDE, Gnome,
14 various sound and multimedia (mplayer and the like), etc. It's a pretty
15 low traffic list compared to this, and /certainly/ compared to user, but
16 has a lot of devs and others that know quite a bit as members, so is a
17 good place to ask such questions.
18
19 OTOH, there's a fair chance someone here knows that as well, and if you
20 are already subscribed here and not there... =8^)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list