From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gcc with gcj flag revdep loop
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:19:54
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks Stan,
4 > I'll investigate doing that. I've not modified files like this
5 > before on Gentoo and I'm sort of reluctant to go down that path.
6 >
7 > I'm very surprised at this sort of unfixed bug. It's coming up on 3 years!
8 >
9 > Am I correct that if I remove the gcj flag and re-emerge the
10 > problem will go away?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > Mark
14 >
15 As far as I know, yes. This would be supported by the fact that you
16 never saw it until you enabled the gcj flag. The only two *.la files
17 that are broken on my system are also related to the gcj use flag being
18 turned on. I was kind of surprised to find the age of this bug and see
19 it still remain unfixed. My guess is that not too many people have this
20 use flag enabled so it hasn't gotten a lot of attention and thus has
21 mostly been forgotten. Just by way of additional help, here is the line
22 for /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgij.la on my system that I
23 have edited:
24
25 # Libraries that this one depends upon.
26 dependency_libs='/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/libgcj.la
27 -lpthread -lrt -ldl -lz'
28
29 Note that the path to the correct .la file and the location of the
30 file(s) you need to fix will depend on the version of gcc you are using.
31 In my case it's version 4.3.2, but this will show the pattern you need
32 to follow. The additional -l* libraries shown above are entries that
33 existed before I updated the path to the libgcj.la file, so I left them
34 alone. There are two files on my system, and I can't remember the name
35 of the second one right now. It's not too difficult to pick out of the
36 revdep-rebuild output, though.
39 Stan & Tashi